Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snuggling by the Northern Lights

This is just a short post to see if folks who are subscribed are seeing the new posts. But, nevertheless, here are a few items. Early this morning, about 0030, I awoke as the train slowed down and looking out my open sleeping berth window (the shade was up, if the window had been open you would have been reading my obituary) there were the Northern Lights (from herein on referred to as NLs). Not too intense and only green (nitrogen excitation) but there they were. I woke Linda up in the across aisle berth and she snuck over to watch for awhile until her sleeping pill dragged (drugged?) her back to her berth. They only lasted about an hour and I watched the whole time. Hoping for bigger and better during our stay, of course. So, we are in Churchill, it is incredibly cold and I got scolded by the station master for not having my jacket zipped up! Much more later as am pretty tired after a day of traveling and cleaning the cafeteria, etc. And, if you are one of the subscribers currently, let me know if you get a notification. Once I figure out how notifications work, I would encourage any of you interested in following the blog to subscribe and I will provide details.

1 comment: